Academies are managed onsite by a full-time Academy Coordinator whose role it is to oversee all areas of the academy including:
- Student enrolment, subject counselling and mentoring
- Liaising with families, the wider school and local communities
- Managing academy resources such as breakfast clubs and curriculum materials
- Reporting on student achievement, attendance, behaviour and wellbeing
- Assisting with event planning and management
Academy Coordinators are typically a member of the schools teaching staff who have been appointed to the role via a formal selection process.
To assist our academies to effectively operate SAASTA provides funding to contribute towards staff salaries and the purchase of academy related resources. Funding expenditure is at the discretion of individual academy coordinators in line with SAASTA guidelines. All other academy resources including curriculum work books, event costs and uniforms are provided by SAASTA.
The significant backing SAASTA receives from our supporters is a key factor in our ability to provide quality educational outcomes for our students. As well as contributing financially many of our partners offer in-kind support which enables SAASTA to reach its goal of allowing every child and young person to Dream, Believe and Achieve.
SAASTA would like to recognise and thank the following organisations for their ongoing support:
- SANFL Aboriginal Pathways to Excellence Program
- Port Adelaide Power Football Club
- St Johns
- Government of South Australia
- Department of Education, Employment & Workplace Relations
- Shine SA
- Basketball SA
- Volleyball SA
- Netball SA
- Softball SA
- Surf Lifesaving South Australia Inc.
- Department of Drug & Alcohol Services
If your organisation is interested in becoming part of the team we'd love to hear from you!
Simply contact us on T: (08) 8226 1204.